Kenwood TS-990S HF & 6 Meter Transceiver Dual Meter TFT Display 200W w/Built In Auto Tuner
Purchase a TS990S Before Sept.30th, 2014 and Receive a Mail In Rebate Offer for a Free 1 Year Membership to Radio Amateurs of Canada
LIMITED AVAILABILITY, PRE-ORDER NOW..
The Kenwood® TS-990S featuring a dual TFT display and dual receiver will cover the HF amateur bands plus 6 meters. This radio will be the top-of-the-range flagship model in the Kenwood Amateur radio line-up. RF power is adjustable from 2 to 200 watts. This radio features a built in automatic antenna tuner and built in AC power supply. It has a serial port, USB ports and Ethernet port.
The TS-990S comes equipped with dual receivers for simultaneous reception on different bands, it also features narrow-band roofing filters on the main receiver in a full down-conversion configuration. The TS-990S achieves the highest basic reception performance of any radio in the TS series, through the careful selection of circuits, components and accelerating analysis using triple DSP configuration. Also, thanks to the dual TFT display and superior panel layout, it achieves both comfortable visibility and operability. Our top-of-the-line transceiver is for all radio operators who love HF.
The transceiver uses the down-conversion method on all amateur bands, and features five types of High-IP roofing filter. Narrow bandpass widths selectable are 500 Hz and 270 Hz for CW operation, 2.7 kHz for SSB and 6 kHz and 15 kHz, which are suitable for AM/FM. These filters are automatically selected in tandem with DSP-based settings. Of course, manual switching is possible as well.
The standard equipment includes a TCXO (Temperature- Compensated Crystal Oscillator), which stabilizes frequencies at ±0.1 ppm as the standard signal source. Unlike OCXO (Oven Controlled Crystal Oscillator), which requires warm-up time, this device can start up quickly even from the power-off position, while maintaining a high level of stability. It is in compliance with European energy-saving standard Lot 6. Power consumption in stand-by energy-saving mode is less than 0.5 W. A BNC connector on the rear panel provides 10 MHz reference I/O.
The sub-receiver utilizes the same receiver found on the popular TS-590S transceiver!!
- Down-conversion format for all AMR bands on main RX
- Newly developed mixer contributes to achieving +40bBm IP3
- Narrow-band High-IP roofing filters
- Comes equipped with ±0.1 ppm TCXO which combines high stability with energy savings
- Equipped with dedicated DSP for main receiver, sub-receiver and band scope
- Advanced AGC control, fusing together digital and along
- Extensive interference elimination & noise reduction functions
- Built-in automatic antenna tuner capable of high-speed operation
- Cooling system
- Dual TFT displays
- USB Firmware Updates
- Data mode supported by external I/O switching
- Transmit and receive DSP equalizers
- 2 USB Ports on front panel
- Voice guidance / Recording function
- Remote control the TS-990S from your PC
- Kenwood SKY COMMAND SYSTEM II