Midland HH54VP Portable Handheld Weather Radio S.A.M.E. Codes & Weather Alert
The Midland HH54VP Portable Emergency Weather Alert Radio All hazards means the radio is the fastest, most reliable means of receiving information on life threatening weather such as tornadoes, hurricanes, floods, ice storms as well as civil emergencies such as Amber alerts, hazardous explosions, fires and chemical spills. This information is broadcast by the National Weather Service 24 hours a day, 7 days a week so you can stay informed no matter what time of day it is.
In addition to all hazards, the HH54 also has S.A.M.E technology (Specific Area Message Encoding). This gives you the option of screening out unwanted broadcasts and receiving alerts only targeted for the geographical area you live in. Midland is proud to say the HH54 is Public Alert Certified -- meaning it has been tested and approved to meet the Consumer Electronics Association standards of reliability and quality as a product carrying public safety warnings.
Midland has become synonymous in the weather industry for safety and reliability. We are the leading manufacturer of weather alert radios. The HH54 is no exception. It is a quality piece of electronic equipment skillfully constructed with the finest components. This radio is designed for reliable and trouble free performance for years to come.You can rely on your Midland weather radio during severe weather.
All Hazards Alert - in addition to important weather announcements your radio will also receive other emergency announcements such as:
- S.A.M.E. Localized Reception
- Continuous Backlighting Option- Keeps the LCD on
- 9 Programmable Counties
- Color Coded Alert Indicators
- Alert Override automatically switches over to warn you of hazardous conditions
- Alarm Clock with Snooze
- Silent Programming
- Single, Multiple, or Any S.A.M.E program settings
- User Selectable alert type-Voice, Display, or Tone alert types
- 10 Reviewable Alerts
- 7 Preset Weather Channels
- Public Alert certified
- Receives over 60 Alerts
- Uses 3AA alkaline batteries for emergency power back-up (not included)
What's in the Box?
- Child Abduction Emergency (Amber Alert)
- Nuclear Power Plant Warning
- Biological Hazard Warning
- Civil Emergency Message
- Fire Warning
- Landslide Warning
- Portable All Hazards Weather Alert Radio
- Belt Clip
- Wrist Strap
- AC Wall Adapter
- Owner's Manual